Much like the person who nominated me, I was a bit “unplugged” this weekend and this past week, honestly! I was catching up on some homework for grad school, but when I finally checked my updated, I was elated to see a sweet nomination from a precious fellow blogger My Little Closet Blog!!
The Liebster Award!!
My Little Closet Blog did the following research about the award:
Liebster means “favorite” in German, so “Favorite Blog Award”! It’s given to new bloggers who are building their audience. I am truly honored the My Little Closet Blog picked little ‘ole me. Thank you, dear!
According to My Little Closet Blog, “When nominated, the blogger must list eleven facts about his/herself, answers questions given by the nominator, and come up with eleven questions for the eleven bloggers he/she nominates.”
1. I love coffee.
2. I don’t eat beef or pork, and during lent right now, I am vegetarian.
3. Life makes me happy, and I’m Cajun.
4. I recently lost my dog of 12 years and still have sad days about him.
5. I love reading and writing, and I used to be a producer and makeup artist. The latter got my foot in the door for the former.
6. Even though it may not seem like it, I’m pretty low maintenance and enjoy the small things.
7. I have guy taste in movies and books.
8. Me and Hot Yoga are besties.
9. I have been given many gifts/talents/people in my life from God to whom I’m grateful.
10. I danced in Super Bowl XXX’s pre-game show.
11. Eleven is my lucky number!
Questions from My Little Closet Blog:
PREFACE–It’s tough picking just one for some of these! 🙂
1. Describe your self in one sentence.
I am a simple, eccentric, loving, dog person who loves all things nerdy.
2. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I would read my friend’s blog The Covenant Diet, and since I don’t have a full enough plate (sarcasm), I was inspired to start one too.
3. Which blogger inspires you the most?
Probably my friend’s blog, The Covenant Diet, because it is honest, real, and gripping — I found out lots about her and about myself.
4. Which accessories are the most important to complete your outfit?
Shoes and jewelry.
5. Who is your favorite designer?
Prada … ahhh, picking one is hard!
6. What will you not leave the house without?
Concealer & Mascara!
7. Which Country/City would you like to visit the most; why?
Country — Italy; City — NYC
8. What is your favorite Magazine & why?
I love People Style Watch! It’s a great place to get ideas and visions of combinations. Nerd magazine would have to be National Geographic because of the interesting articles and lovely photography.
9. Who is your favorite singer/band?
Probably Counting Crows because there’s lots of nostalgia from my college days that I associate with their songs.
10. What is your favorite TV show?
Trash TV– Days of Our Lives, Dance Moms ; Intelligent TV — History and Science Channel
11. Last but not least, what tips would you give to a completely new blogger?
Whew, write about what truly moves you because your readers will pick up on that notion! Be you.
2. Hannah Barr
8. Get it Om
11. Must Have Boxes
Your 11 Questions:
1. What is your favorite book?
2. What’s your best virtue?
3. What’s your vice?
4. What’s the best job you’ve ever had?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. What’s your favorite part about blogging?
7. What’s your favorite genre of music?
8. What is your dream job?
9. What’s your favorite TV show?
10. Who’s your favorite movie star?
11. Who is your fashion icon?